Clarity Related to Ice FishingPublished on January 13, 2021
UPDATED JANUARY 15h - 432pm
COVID-19 public health measures and restrictions
Limit close contact to only members of your household (the people you live with). If you live alone, you may consider having close contact with one other household only.
Up to 5 people may gather outdoors, as long as you can keep 2 metres physical distance from each other. You should also wear a mask or face covering.
You may attend a funeral, religious service or wedding of up to 10 people.
If you do not follow these rules for gatherings:
- organizers may be fined $10,000
- each attendee may receive a $750 ticket
- enforcement personnel may break up the gathering or temporarily close the premises
For Further Information:
Ontario Regulation 82/20:
ORGANIZED PUBLIC EVENTS, CERTAIN GATHERINGS
Gatherings, Stage 1 areas
1. (1) Subject to sections 2 to 4, no person shall attend,
(a) an organized public event that is held indoors;
(b) a social gathering that is held indoors, including a social gathering associated with a gathering described in clause (d);
(c) an organized public event or social gathering of more than 5 people that is held outdoors, including a social gathering associated with a gathering described in clause (d); or
(d) a gathering of more than 10 people for the purposes of a wedding, a funeral or a religious service, rite or ceremony.
(2) A person attending an organized public event, social gathering or a gathering for the purposes of a wedding, a funeral or a religious service, rite or ceremony shall comply with public health guidance on physical distancing.
(3) For greater certainty, subsections (1) and (2) apply with respect to an organized public event, social gathering or a gathering for the purposes of a wedding, a funeral or a religious service, rite or ceremony, even if it is held at a private dwelling.
Exception, members of single household
2. Section 1 does not apply with respect to a gathering of members of a single household, or a gathering that includes members of a household and one other person from outside that household who lives alone.